- Wintershoek/Johnny Vivier Safaris offer our hunters more than 35 species of big game, including 2 of the Big 5, on our 4 PRIVATELY OWNED AREAS in the Northern Cape Province of South-Africa. In addition to that we also have acces to some of the best Big Game Hunting/Hunting areas in Southern Africa. HUGE VARIETY & THE BEST QUALITY!!!
- We will help you every step of the way to tailor make your safari to suit YOUR needs, meet your trophy requirements, your preffered length of stay and most importantly, your budget!
Professional Hunters & Hunting Crews:
Our team of dedicated, licensed and highly experienced Professional Hunters, Trackers and Skinners, will guide you, assist you and attempt to educate you every step of the way. Together, the team has guided clients armed with Rifle, Bow, Muzzle Loader and Handgun to more than 50 species of game and to hundreds of record class trophies. You will arrive as a client and you will leave as a friend, with memories that we will all treasure forever.
We utilize a fleet of new, well maintained, fully equipped 4x4 hunting and utility vehicles.Our vehicles all have radio communication to keep in contact with the camp and each other.
We have a very well equiped 150 yard shooting range that will insure that you will be able to zero your rifles properly and hassle free before you go in search of that dream trophy.
We own and operate our own 13000 sq foot African San Taxidermy Studio and Curio Shop, conveniently situated only 1 mile from our Wag-‘n-Bietjie base camp. Our Managament Team, Master Taxidermist and 21 Professional staff members will ensure that your valuable trophies are expertly handled, mounted, crated and exported safely to your final destination of choice.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW WEBSITE
Overnight Acommodation in Johannesburg:
Africa Sky Guesthouse offers superb overnight acommodation close to the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg at very reasonable rates. Please refer to their website www.africasky.co.za or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. They also offer a meet and greet service at the airport.
We strongly recommend that all our hunters use the pre-arranged firearm import service that Africa Sky Guesthouse offer. Contact them to help you through the process step by step.
If you decide not to bring your own firearms, then we have firearms available that you can rent from us.
Mar – Apr highs of 90 °F and lows of 60 °F
May highs of 80 °F and lows of 50 °F
Jun - Aug highs of 65 °F and lows of 40 °F
Sept highs of 90 °F and lows of 60 °F
Clothes to pack
• 3 pairs of hunting long pants, 3 pairs of shorts, 4 bush shirts
• Down jackets, jersey, and windbreaker
• 2 pair comfortable hunting boots, 4pairs woollen socks
• Bush hat, or caps ,gloves and light weight rain coat
• Comfortable sweatpants and T-shirt for relaxing around the camp fire at night
Camouflage colors are permitted in South Africa. If you do not have camouflage clothing then please ensure that your outfits are dark green or any dull color.
Laundry are done on a daily basis
What to bring
• Binoculars, Camera
• Own 120 volt to 220 volt electric converter or a vehicle plug charger for charging batteries
• International travel adapters for Africa
• Personal toiletries, medicines, sun block, insect repellent and sunglasses
A full first aid kit is available at the camp and qualified doctors are within reach in the UNLIKELY event of an emergency.
In case of an emergency at home your family can contact our office at +27 53 2040042 or +27 53 2040038 or +27 12 8110554 and we will ensure that we get the message to the camp. Please keep in mind that the South African time zone is about 7 hours ahead of the East coast of the USA!!
To dial direct from the USA dail :011 27 53 2040042
Rifles, Ammunition and scope
Rifle: By law a minimum calibre of .375 is to be used to hunt any of the Big 5(Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant). A .375 is also a very versatile calibre and can be used on every plains game species as well ~ very good soft nose ammunition is always recommended, but especialy on Big Five species.
As recommendation for all plains game species, calibers such as .300 Win mag, 338, 7mm, 30-06 and the like are best suited for African antelope.
Ammunition: Choice of bullet should be swift-A Frame, Woodleigh, Barnes X, Nosler partition or Hornady soft nose.
Scope: Choose a good quality variable scope to use on your rifle, as a suggestion 3x9 power is sufficient in Leupold/Zeiss make.
Bring the rifle that you shoot best. We as Professional Hunters prefer good shot placement over and above any high power firearms
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WINTERSHOEK COMPANY HAS A BATTERY OF FIREARMS AVAILIBLE TO OUR CLIENTS SHOULD YOU DECIDE NOT TO HASSEL WITH THE EXPORTATION AND IMPORTATION OF YOUR OWN FIREARM/A IN AND OUT OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!